The DACA offers a two-year renewable deferral of removal action and a grant of employment authorization to qualifying immigrants, brought to the United States as youths. In order to qualify, individuals must:
- Be under the age of 31 on June 15, 2012;
- Have come to the United States before the age of 16;
- Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007;
- Currently be in school, have graduated or obtained a GED, or have been honorably discharged from the U.S. Coast Guard or Armed Forces;
- Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, or three or more other misdemeanors.